A city mouse

Up early for porridge, toast and coffee with Mum and Mase. A drizzling grey day in London, so Mase kindly drove me to the tube station. From there the journey took about the same time as my trip in from Brighton. Commuting is vile, I thought at one point in some station or other, looking down at a mouse darting about on the track.

Only patches and scraps of work to do in the office, but I felt cheerful most of the day, and chatted a bit with the Gnome who has a new iPod, between discussing a football-related brief with two new clients and cat-herding my former art direct to completion of another.

In the evening went to Victoria to see Kate and drink a few expensive beers in the Thistle hotel. Sat about in an oasis of candle light and leather chairs and caught up with the gossip, telling Kate about my Japanese adventures, and hearing about her clan's gathering in the forest after Christmas. Still makes me laugh that, to quell fractious children, the adults simply put the clocks forward by three hours and sent them all off to bed. Kate's off to South Africa shortly to see Gav's family and escape the London grey.

To Brighton listening to my audiobook on the train until I dozed off. Then when at home I found it difficult to get into bed for some reason, maybe Kate had moved the hands of my watch.

Tomorrow: a detox.

Comments