Moon and dragon

Bleary day, after a terrible night's sleep. Once I did fall asleep I was woken inside ten minutes by shouting from outside. Missed my normal train by a few seconds, and sat on the next one which was strangely empty, writing a few lines of a poem about the waxing moon which I sent to Sarah who appreciates such things.

Not in a good frame of mind today at work, feeling disconnected and it that it is all meaningless. I have to nip this in the bud as I DO need to be paid. However at least today was another day eating pure stuff, and not drinking. My social life has been getting out of control lately.

Anton round in the evening with two large Ordnance Survey maps and print-outs from the Internet. We sat about drinking sparkling mineral water and discussing his ideas for a Dragon quest into East Sussex. Felt a bit like a scene from The Hobbit. This county does have some amazing history. The proposed route includes a fossil beach, abandoned airfields, an open prison, Roman ruins, castles, the sites of centuries-old forges and into St Leonard's forest, which was supposed to be a dragon's lair.

Anton had found a wonderful description of it from 1614. Apparently it spits: "He will cast his venome about four rodde from him, as by woefull experience it was proved on the bodies of a man and a woman comming that way, who afterwards were found dead, being poysoned and very much swelled..."

Will be sure to wear my Berghaus jacket with the hood down.

Comments

Kate said…
That made me laugh. Beers when I'm back from SA please, take care til then, let sleeping dragons lie, thats what I say. x