Of boilers and soap nuts

Boiler kicked in with a nightmarish scream at 6:30, making me spring out of bed in horror, or hooorrrrr as the American film trailers say. I have to face the fact that the boiler is doomed, and at work I was soon onto Anton to recommend someone. He did, and I explained to the plumber that my boiler was screaming like a horse. Mystifyingly he couldn't pinpoint the problem from that verbal description, and will come around later in the week hopefully.

Work quite fun. The Gnome back from his long holiday which was nice as there was a bit of a draft coming from where he sits.

In the evening off to Edgware to see Mum and Mase. Had a glass of wine, and Mum explained the virtues of soap nuts, which are new to me. These are actual nutshells that you put inside a cotton bag in your washing machine. They produce an organic soapy substance when in warm water, and this cleans your clothes. She has two small sacks of them.

Then off to find a restaurant. Ended up in the imaginatively named Curry Centre in Edgware, where the service was rude but the food was okay.

Then back home to examine lots of nice new paintings Mum has done in her "moneymaking" style. (I took photos of two but have been forbidden to put them on the blog.) Then Mase and I had to rank them in terms of our favourites and supply reasons. All fun, and good because our favourites were pretty much the same.

And so to bed.

Comments