Woken at 8.00am by men delivering my tumble dryer. As I let them in I discovered that I was feeling wussy and ill. After breakfast I called Anton to cancel our planned 12 mile walk tomorrow and ditched my plans to go to London in the afternoon.

Romy's three point initiative continues to bear fruit. The tumble dryer removes the stage where my house is cluttered with clothes for days on end. And today I had an orgy of laundry, which is now all dry and folded away.

I popped out to collect my framed prints, one of a picture Jean Howell gave me a couple of years ago, and it looks wonderful. Jean is the mother of an ex-girlfriend who I don't see any more, and so have lost touch. But I really liked her, and her work. My nightwork picture looks fine too.

Across the lane from the frameshop was a barbers and I and had my hair cut by an almost silent woman with a stomach ache.

Romy had also suggested that I replace my bedroom blind with one that actually cuts out the light. During the week I used a piece of cardboard to block the window and I have slept much better because of it. Today I got a new light-blocking blind from habitat and began to drill holes in the wall. But after about ten minutes I felt the job was impossible. And lay down for a minute. Almost two hours later, I woke up and continued where I had left off, and had the blind up in five minutes.

Quiet night working on my collection till the point where I felt that my poems were all tripe and I had to go to bed.

Picture by Jean Howell that I had framed today...

Comments