Quiet day at work broken by a satisfying swim at lunchtime.

The evening much more interesting, however, and I met one of Janet's MA students, the delightfully named Naomi Trickey after work in The Battle of Trafalgar. She is working on a thesis examining how creativity and collaboration fit, and we had an interesting discussion. Quite nice to go straight from the train and end up talking about creativity.

It is a very strange statistical anomaly but every other person I meet these days is a Virgo. MJ is a Virgo. Anton is a Virgo. My new friend Sarah, even my recent "blind date" Penny was a Virgo, arranged by Max the Mentor a Virgo.... So it was no surprise that Naomi turned out to be Virgo too. She said her important relationships, including her husband, were all with Gemini people.

Then home for a brief bacon sarnie before Anton and Christiane called around. Christiane reads this blog in Australia from time to time. Strangely she had pictured the Twitten to be an area of bush full of wildlife. I confirmed that it was full of wildlife but mostly of the human variety. Oh and seagulls.

The three of us went to the Eddy for a late drink (where I got called sweetheart by the man at the bar again) and had a good laugh. Christiane breaking off to text her new and apparently gorgeous boyfriend in Sydney. Her family want her to return to the UK but she is loving life in Australia. We were laughing about how Christiane's dad was dropping hints that I was single, and Anton's mum has had a prophetic dream that Christiane and me will get married. I think I will adopt the pose of the heartbroken suitor at her sister's wedding next week.

Am beginning to gather a few poems together for a self-published chapbook. I am going to call it The Nightwork and this will goad me into doing a few more readings, to try to sell some of them. I have wrangled long and hard with the idea that it will be a small vanity publication, but at least the majority of the poems in it will have been already published. But this is part of my new thinking... Making an investment in myself. As the I Ching says in some of its hexagram commentaries.... It furthers one to undertake something. You never know what happens.

Below is one of my old drawings (called nightwork) which I may use on the cover. In real life it is about three and half inches across. I came across it again recently and I am having it framed.

Comments

Kate said…
I think you should write a poem about double yellas.