Shortly after I woke, Anton called me on my mobile, setting off half an hour before the train leaves the station as usual. Met him in the queue for coffee, and we travelled up to London having a bit of a laugh on the train. New camping phase in full bloom.

Off to work and a board meeting this morning for the part of the business I am associated with. Sat next to the FB and spontaneously invented a revolutionary tea bag product before the meeting started.

After the bored meeting (arf) back to breast cancer for a bit before creeping out with Tracey for lunch. Well I had lunch, and she had a coffee and a few cigarettes. Lately I have been having dreams about Little Kate, and waking to feel pretty wretched knowing that I would never see her again. But I had a very useful conversation with Trace -- and suddenly feel a good deal better about my post MJ life.

Back to breast cancer, and then I went for a 40 minute swim before zooming off to Kew to meet Sarah. Being in Kew again is very odd. Sarah wanted to interview me for the ethnography she is doing, looking deeply into how the internet is affecting the way people communicate. All very interesting, and a very good chat was had.

Have had quite a few good ideas today about my next steps in terms of my own writing, and suddenly feel quite fired up. Was talking with Trace and Sarah about how many people, myself included, would happily support someone-else's needs but making a similar investment in your own needs is much harder to do. I have resolved to invest a little in my own dreams, and try to rid myself of some of my English diffidence.

Comments