Happily and carefully repotting cacti this morning, and taking throws to be drycleaned (at astonishing cost) and with long lost pyjama bottoms falling out from among them as I was handing them over at the dry cleaners, feeding Trotsky (ungrateful), and buying a mat, and a garden broom and other practical things.

Off in the afternoon to Cheshunt in Heartfordshire where Phil and Ash where having a barbie/housewarming. As I left for London, there was a real party atmosphere in the station due to the Gay Pride march today in Brighton. In central London I was supposed to hook up with Liz, but the bus was rerouted due to an anti-war demonstration -- found myself completely in the wrong place. Liz collected me in the car, however, and we drove me off to Cheshunt. Nice barbie with several pals there, like Paula and her husband Pete who I'd not seen for ages.

Fighting gloom all day, however, and opted to slip away from the party early. I was simply not in the mood for people, which is unlike me. Got a lift back to Victoria from a nice couple I'd not met before, however, and had a nice chat to them about stained glass windows and the role of the stepfather in family relationships.

Slept on the train home again. Very happy to be at home.

Comments