Up early a leisurely breakfast, eating a couple of slices of toasted Guernsey Gâche and then went to feed Trotsky, who was positively delighted to see me.

Vigorously employed new broom for the garden. Then painted the wall of my garden that faces out into the twitten. The buildings are mostly a gleaming white here and my wall was looking decidedly seedy and soiled by the various denizens of the night. Fortunately I did not botch it up too much as I was putting on a public performance. People really enjoy the sight of other people working, and quite a few comments of encouragement from the occasional passing neighbour.

An Italian passerby stood for a moment watching me repaint the white wall, and said "That is white. Very white". "Yes it certainly is," I replied. You know where you are with conversations like that.

Very hot morning and sweat pouring from me just from a bit of sweeping, preparation and painting. Then generally tidied about in my garden. Everything has shrivelled from the heatwave and there seems to be a million microscopic white flies in the corner of the back bit. Janet says I should eradicate them. But the white roses, gladioli and the pink fuchsia still going strong in the front bit.

Up to see Janet and Ken at 5:30. Janet had prepared a margaritas for us in ice cold glasses and salty brims. Sat in their garden drinking these and generally catching up. Ken just back from Aix. Really enjoyable evening, and lovely food and wine.

Janet showed me some silk banners which she had made on her textile course. They are to be hung close to one another, and have the theme of people's interconnections. Very nice indeed.

Rossini their ginger cat is recovering nicely from being run over and having his pelvis fractured in four places. Poor thing dragged himself home but was well taken care of by a local cats and rabbits only vet.

Feeling tired, I trundled home early, for an early night.

Comments