Day started nicely as Anton was travelling up to London with me. We were overheard talking on the train by an old University friend of mine called Callum who came over and shook my hand. Got his number, and we talked about us meeting up with another old friend from Warwick, called Will.

Callum is a journalist, and a really decent man who once got me a job as a sub editor for the Architects' Journal where he was then working. The job, however, didn't pan out for me and I don't think I've seen him since then. Will is now the author of The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict so it will be interesting to hook up with him too.

Felt quite cheery going into work due to this, but by the end of the day any gusto had been leeched from me by stultifying meetings. Caroline and James unable to see me tonight, as Caroline is now in a frenzy of wedding arrangements for their big day in a week and a half. But was very pleased to come home, and have a much-needed evening of quiet time and tea drinking and ironing.

Comments