A frenzy of ping pong was pretty much the only interruption to a day of writing about breast cancer. When I got bored with breast cancer and ping pong, I got in touch with Tetley, famed maker of tea bags, to offer them my design for the revolutionary new teabag I invented yesterday.

Home and pushed beyond the limits of human endurance by my new futon. I stopped assembling it the other day beaten by the fact it needed two people to build it. But as another human was not forthcoming I persisted and after failing about 10 times and going to a dark place in my soul, managed to balance everything on books (I knew Ezra Pound's Cantos would come in handy one day) and, with brute force, I eventually managed to slot it all together. Then there was the business of working out how the cushiony parts work and putting the cover on. A struggle of 15 minutes right there, and I am still not convinced I have done it right.

Other than that, a fairly cheerful day, but with little going on externally. Internally however I am fabricating plots, a few plans, and some wheezes.

Note from Tetley:

Mr Kenny

Thanks for your email and for thinking of Tetley.

Initially, please send an outline of your idea, it may well be that this is something we currently have in development or have previously considered.

Kind regards

Charlotte Moss
Tetley GB Consumer Services

Comments

Kate said…
Good luck with your tea-bag revolution. The corresponance so far sounds as though it could come from 'The Timewaster Letters'.