Monday. Off to work like Shakespeare's
"...whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school."
Decided the journey this morning was for Thinking. The combination of the end of my relationship with MJ, attending the Buddhist retreat, and going home to Guernsey have combined to make me realise I need to reassess my life and be more positive about what I can do with it. The trouble is that this requires keen powers of organisation, and organisation is not necessarily my biggest skill set. However it can be done, and I suddenly feel quite excited by the idea of change, but not sure quite how this will manifest itself yet. Definitely want to get to a stage where I have more time to my own writing, and spending less time in trains.

Anyway. Work was fine if uneventful. During the day I did more on the interminable breast cancer stuff. Swam for 40 mins and generally kept a low profile.

Quick Caesar salad with Max the Mentor after work in a bar called Beach Blanket Babylon in Notting Hill Gate. Very trendy place with an almost baroque flavour to it. Lots of guilded looking candelabra, and antique-style portraits, and ersatz antique furniture strategically placed here and there. Quite pricey but fun too, and we enjoyed watching a comedically pretentious French waitress/bar manager as we chatted.

Max dropped me at Paddington and I had an easy journey home to a cup of tea and my last nostalgic slice of Gâche and then gratefully into bed.

Comments