Lazy day. Toby and I collected by Anna and Anton and the bairns to go for leisurely Sunday breakfast at Bills. I had salmon and scrambled egg and a huge freshly-squeezed juice. Toby said that Romy would have loved it there. Tobs and I then struck off to score a couple of umbrellas as it was drizzling and wandered around talking for two or three hours, heading up along the coast to the marina and back. Toby spoke to Romy who was safely home in Toronto, with a very happy Meaty the cat for company.

Returning to Brighton we stopped off at the Mock Turtle cafe for soup and cream tea, feeling distinctly like the Crane brothers from Frazier, especially as we were complimenting them on the excellence of their pea and spinach soup. Anton, with Klaudia asleep on his back, turned up and we threaded about through Brighton some more doing a spots of shopping here and there before stopping briefly at the Tin Drum.

Toby and I went home and drank tea and listened to Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd, as well as a interesting CD he persuaded me to buy by a band called Interpol. Reminded me of all those hours that we sat about listening to the radio together when we were kids.

Then I cooked an excellent chickpea curry and we sloped off to a bar called The Earth and Stars for another restrained beer. I noticed that there was some sort of poetry reading there on Monday nights. Then home and a documentary on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Comments