Eyeballs unmolested

Up early, feeling weirdly tense. Did a few bits of work on the podcast during the day. Robin had improved the episode greatly when I got it back from her. I had sent her a bit of an agricultural version. She said I used garden shears rather than nail scissors on the editing, which made me laugh. The new episode went up this afternoon. Lovely poet on it, Seán Hewitt, who lives Dublin and steeped in the Irish literary tradition.

Lorraine off with her walking heads today, and did a fair pace. I made off to Specsavers, where I had my eyes tested and scanned. When my background anxiety levels are high, I can get about twitchy about what they find. A guy I think from Hong Kong did the final assessment showing me my retina, and the absence of glaucoma and so on. He was lightning fast, and not big on small talk.  I said he was very efficient, and he said he was the Optical Terminator.  I need new reading glasses but is otherwise okay. Quite relieved, having pictured eyeball removal surgery and so on. 

Lorraine back in the afternoon in her walking boots, having had a good time. I then packed up my gear and headed off to Seaford Station, and up to Mill Hill Broadway, where I bought some hummus and avocado dip and had a snack as I sat with Mum watching the final episode of MASH, which with adverts, lasted an uninterrupted two and a half hours. It was very well done, and quite affecting. Mum relaxing because I was there, tucking into the wine somewhat. Toby lad called, and Mum chatting to him for a while. Then talked with the TV off for a while, before I repaired to bed, and a quick video call with Lorraine, who had enjoyed being at James and Beth's house for the evening.


Comments