Retail therapy

Woke up feeling stressed. But sitting talking to Lorraine made me feel much better, however. Up for an unhurried breakfast, called Mum and eventually Lorraine and I made off to Brighton. I went to Clippers to have my hair cut by Stacy, who had squeezed me into his Saturday schedule. I asked him about his nosebleeds (he was bleeding last time I saw him) and he told me that he went to A&E and had to have his nose cauterised, twice, as the first time it didn't work. Apart from a sore nose, he's all good now.

Met Lorraine and then a rather wild bout of retail therapy. Went to Jones and bought a pair of tan ankle boots for loafing about in. Lorraine and I popped into Joe Malone, where Lorraine bought some perfume off a very sweet man with lots of makeup. Another man working there in lots of makeup and bell bottoms took tiny little steps like a geisha. Rather fascinating. Then off to Clarkes in Churchill Square. Strange in there, very little stock on show, but what there was artfully arranged.  Liked a pair of brown shoes, but Lorraine noticed a bit of scratching on the leather, so we were offered 20% off. I tried on a pair of black brogues, and Lorraine persuaded me to buy both. They both looked good and were ultra comfortable. We got 20% off those too. Then across the road to M&S where Lorraine conducted some bra business for Maureen. 

We sauntered down to New Road to Wahaca -- which we really enjoyed. I had actually been to Oaxaca in Mexico, thirty odd years ago and eaten grasshopper tacos. Grasshoppers weren't on the menu but we had a great time in there and the food was fresh and zingy and very healthy. We also drank a Margherita each. Mine was a blackberry Margherita, with two fat blackberries on a cocktail stick, Lorraine had a passion fruit Margherita. Made me think of Mason, and when we used to go down to Pacificos near Covent Garden.

Home on the train, and a lovely relaxed evening, Mum had an okay day too, meeting Robert in the Waggon and Horses. Lorraine and I watched the first episode of Shogun on Disney Plus. Brilliant. All in all a lovely day, and just what the doctor ordered.

Below a nice cup for the garden, given to me by Maureen. Made me laugh lots.



Comments