Written on a stout's head

Getting myself organised to go back up to Edgware first thing, including picking out some clothes for the funeral. Then, my rucksack packed, and kissing my sweet wife goodbye, off again to Edgware. A simple journey which gave me the opportunity to tweak my speech for Wednesday. When I arrived at Mum's I sent it to the celebrant who had asked to see it. 

Mum had been to the podiatrist this morning, and was hungry and drove us to Elstree and the Waggon and Horses for a late lunch. I also drank two pints of Guinness, which had designs printed on the foam having been put in a strange machine by the manager. People chatting to Mum a bit and being friendly. 

Home and I popped out to get some food and then cooked this evening, and we settled down to watch MASH. Toby called, telling us his early impressions of life in Washington. After talking to Lorraine, who was yawning, I made my way into bed, worn out before eleven.  

Below a picture of Mum telling me not to photograph her, and the two pints of Guinness.






Comments