A lungful of air

Lorraine and I up, and after breakfast made a big mind map of house and garden projects. Lorraine lapped this up of course, but I forbade her to write on it because her writing is too big. Beth popped around at noon for a chat, and then in the afternoon Lorraine and I drove off to the top of Stanmer woods, where I used to walk lots, to meet Rosie and Innis. Rosie hasn't been out much as she lost her mother recently, and then followed this with a bout of shingles. I hugged her and she yelped as I had touched part of her back which was very painful.

Good to see them, as it has been a while, and so nice to be in the great outdoors. Rosie very sad of course, and Innis has been extremely supportive. Lots of chatting, and then we drove off to The Bull in Ditchling, where we had a Sunday roast. Very busy there, and more like a restaurant than a pub. I had a pint of Harveys which was not particularly well kept. Innis full of book talk as usual, which is delightful for me. 

Home and boofed onto the gold sofa to watch the last episode of Death in Paradise. Lorraine and I laughing at how we watch this, and it is a souvenir of lockdown. We also watched a film called La Jetée, which was rather interesting and made up almost entirely of still photos, while Lorraine was crocheting a figure from her Wallace and Gromit book.

Below the great outdoors. Pippi the dog racing about in the woods.




  

Comments