There and back again

Up early and making coffee. Chatting over breakfast with Mum, avocado on toast, then we set about some chores. I called the funeral directors to double check they had Mason's ashes as I'd previously agreed. But  Paula, who works there, had forgotten. If I'd made this trip solely to pick up the ashes I would have been fairly cross about this, and so now we won't be able to collect them till the first week of April.

However, Mum and I did some other stuff like buying a new carpet washer online, and setting a date for Mason's mobility equipment to be collected, and we took some of Mason's old clothes down to a Barnardos charity shop in Edgware. Mum had done well this week sorting some admin out. 

Then we drove to the Waggon & Horses for an early lunch. It was a bit empty, but I enjoyed the chicken shish and the Guinness. Mum is doing okay, but of course greatly misses Mason being around. 

Fond farewells with Mum there, and I walked back to Elstree station, and began the long train journey home, which although it took two hours twenty minutes, seemed to pass in a flash. Arriving in Seaford at 5:20. I went straight to the Boot, where I met Lorraine, and Yvonne and Brian for a fast drink. Yvonne and Brian on good form, and cheery. Lorraine and I toddled off to Spice Village after. Home early and I enjoyed being back in at the ranch with Lorraine.

In other news Patrick has called his new musical project, Suttlefish, one of the names we were batting about in the Con Club that I think I suggested.

Comments