At my desk again

Woke up at eight, Maureen calling as Pat was unwell. Lorraine due to go to Ashford today anyway, made an appointment for a doctor's phone call later in the day and, after breakfast, left.

After chatting to Mum, and Betty who had called around to make and take away lots of coffee, as her hob wasn't working. Then settled down to five hours editing of my last podcast interview, recorded in January.  Enjoyed sitting at my new desk. It was time consuming, as ever, and my energy was low. But I was pleased when I finished it. Went for a bit of a walk at three, along the seafront. 

Then after a quick listen again, sent it to Robin. Then a few emails. I've a lot to catch up on.

Dinner on the gold sofa with both cats sitting on me. Then I called Mum, and then went for another slightly longer walk, this time in the dark to get up to 10k paces for the day. The Wellington Hotel looked very tempting as I walked past it, but I resisted.

Home and rewatched the movie, Arrival. I like this film, and how the heptapod aliens communicate using enso circles, and how communicating with a species that has a different relationship with time, alters the perception of the interpreter. 

To bed early, sipping chamomile tea, talking to Lorraine who is staying overnight in Ashford, with the cats sleeping on the duvet cover as I type this.  




Comments