Aftermath

I woke up early and got up and made coffee. Mum and I sat drinking coffee, and talking about yesterday. She is very pleased with how things went, and we are both pleased Mason had a fitting send off. Something like this takes a long time to sink in properly.

I took a cup of coffee up for Lorraine, and soon we all had breakfast together. Lorraine left for Seaford and the cats, who had been confined to the kitchen for a couple of days, being fed and medicined by Beth and James. She got home with wonderful swiftness, driving on clear roads on a sunny day. 

Mum had a very upset stomach this morning, I think as a consequence of yesterday's emotion and so on. Soon after se had improved enough to be able to bus off with me to Burnt Oak and pay the balance to the Funeral Directors. We arranged that I shall collect the ashes at the end of next week.

We went back to Edgware, Mum went to the pharmacy, and was again treated wonderfully by the two ladies there. After looking at some of the options on the High Street, we had a snack in the Cafe Olive. I had a chicken salad, which was great. Mum had a smoked salmon sandwich, but the bread was too thick for her, and a microscopic insect crawled out of the salad on her plate, so not a great success.

Home and we had a cup of tea and a chat, and then we had an afternoon nap. I feel very drained and my catnap turned into an hour and a half sleep. Up and reinvigorated, I sent follow up emails to the parking fine wankers. They will not prevail. 

This evening I cooked some mild mannered pasta with onions and garlic and tuna tomato puree and not much else as I didn't want to wreak havoc on mum's guts.We watched M*A*S*H again, which is a kind of refuge, although ironic in a way because of Mas having been in that war. To bed, having eaten sensibly and having drunk no wine.

Comments