Well preserved

Another attempt to interview Krishnan editor of Neon magazine today, and this time it was all fine, thank God and I could speak in joined up sentences and everything. And Krishnan was as interesting as he was the first time round. Much relieved.

Lorraine out with Beth this afternoon, and I poured into jars another batch of the jam that Lorraine and I had started this morning, another six jars of Kenny Farm plum jam.  Spurred into action, I went for a walk this afternoon up to my usual haunts around Hollingbury Hillfort, and collected 1 kg of blackberries in a large tupperware tray. I managed to sting my hands lots on stinging nettles, which in turn set off the gnat bites from yesterday, and picked up several scratches. But it was all well worth it. There is something gleeful about foraging like this, good food for nothing, and I was forcibly reminded of Dave my grandfather, who liked nothing more than liberating fruit from the wild and (on occasion) other people's gardens.  Did me good to get out walking again. Once Lorraine goes back to work, I will recommence  my daily yomping.

Finished listening to my 48 lectures about ancient Egypt. It was a really good download from Audible. The last 300 years of Egypt the Pharaoh where actually Greeks. The last queen, Cleopatra was Greek and had red hair.

A light supper outside, when Lorraine returned, and a bit of TV. We watched a film called The Peanut Butter Falcon, on Netflix which was quite sweet.

Below clouds today around Hollingbury.



Comments