Making a splash

A bit of a disastrous morning. Got up early to prep for an interview I was doing for the podcast, then after a great deal of technical difficulty and delay managed to linked up with my subject, and do the interview, only to download the recording of it afterwards to discover that my part of the interview had not recorded at all. Unbelievable. The software has one job, to record two people talking. Humiliating. I had to send an email to request a repeat interview and heard nothing back. Gah! Felt like a huge idiot, and a waste of a morning.

A chat with Mum at lunchtime, then Lorraine drove me to the osteopath this afternoon. He assured me I was much more flexible than when I had first arrived a few weeks ago. So I agreed to let him liberate some more cash from the much assailed Fort Knox of my wallet.

Stole across the road to Betty and Amy's place, where Lorraine was waiting. Amy is a good egg, and she and Beth bring out a lovely playful side to each other.

Lorraine and I then mooched down to the beach, and simply stumbled over the pebbles into the water. It was so warm I barely screamed, and it was actually really warm once we were in. A blissful cooking, and lovely to see Lorraine bobbing about all smiles in the water.

Clothes on again, and collected the girls, who were going into town to get their Rishi Sunak subsidised vegan burgers, which were extraordinarily nice apparently, and they were highly excited. Beth being very funny, and shouting from the back seat that a man on a tiny power scooter should have some self respect.

Harvested our first tomato from the garden today. Blimey what a whopper, I've seen smaller pumpkins. We had a salad lunch and it was enough for a generous tomato serving for two. Here it is against a normal knife. The nasty hole in it, was superficial, and thankfully contained no huge boring insect.


Comments