A cautious beer with SJB

Lorraine somewhat restless today. We did several chores around the house, and then I left her in the afternoon sitting happily in the sun, about to do a meditation and some needlework. I walked over to Hove Place, listening to my Ancient Egyptian podcast and an episode about magicians. The difference between magicians and priests is that magicians take personal credit for stuff, while priests tell you it was the gods.

At Hove Place I met Sarah, who I had not seen in the flesh since we all went up to London early in March, a fact which now seems rather remarkable. A good deal to be caught up with, although it took us a while to settle. They were doing their best to be Covid secure, but there were a few pinch points, such as the place where we were supposed to wait for our pre-booked table, which was where people were also pushing by to get out. Nevertheless, table service in the garden wasn't too bad. That all said, Sarah and I enjoyed pints of cold Brewdog, in what was hot sun, and a general gossip and catch up. While not entirely a normal pub experience, it was really good to see her and catch up on how we had all survived the lockdown.

Lorraine had set off for Hove as the food delivery that was coming this afternoon, turned out to have been a collection instead. She had to pack everything into the boot, then collected me on the street, as I walked along with Sarah.

Home, unpacking, and a quiet evening in, sitting in the garden. Lorraine starting some needlework. Then in to watch Modern Family, which we are still binging on. It makes me cheerful for some reason.

Myself and Sarah cautiously enjoying a beer in the garden of Hove Place.


Comments