A Kokeshi doll and alien abduction for cats

Up early and Lorraine and I cat herding Brian and Calliope into the carrier, and we took them off to Top Cats in Patcham. A bit like an alien abduction for them this time, as we had to sit outside in the car, then hand them to a veterinary nurse, who took them in the basket inside to be examined. We were phoned in the car to chat to the vet, and then they were injected and brought out again. The cats were fairly calm, and even Calliope's yowling was only half hearted.

Home again, and then did a bit of work, a sandwich lunch, then walked over to the osteopath in Hove, and back. Pouring rain on the way back. No thunder though. Not sure much is changing in my back, but I will not return for a month now.

Home and a hot shower, as I was soaked. Then a bit more fiddling with jobs, before I began the third attempt to interview Tess. My invitation emails that she had to click on to join the conversation went into her spam file, or were mysteriously delayed, then her headphones wouldn't work so she couldn't hear me. Eventually we sorted it all out. It is an absurd amount of stress for such a simple thing.

Felt quite relieved however to finally get it in the bag. Lorraine and I had a late supper, and I had a cheeky bottle of beer.

All good.

Below Toby and Romy sent us a kokeshi doll -- which was made in the UK, to a Japanese idea. Lovely blue thing. It now sits next to the little doll Romy gave Lorraine after we got married. Makes us think of Romy and Toby every day.






Comments