Tricknology strikes

Felt like a back to school day, and Lorraine hard at work doing unspeakable work. I spent the morning doing various bits of preparations for interviews, and also chatted to Val in France who gave me a new wee job. Then, after a light avocado-based lunch, I walked over to Anton's house in the sunshine.

Anton on the scaffolding at the front of his house, showed me the scene of the fire, a nasty charred hole on a window frame, which all things considered was a good deal better than the alternative. I went to the back of the house where Oskar was working and nipped up the scaffolding and began painting the window at the top of the house. Ten minutes into this job it was raining hard, and so we simply had to come on. Anton resigned to the ire of the gods. Poor guy has had little luck. He blamed both me and Oskar for the weather however.

Spoke to Mum, Mason not too well today with an upset stomach.

I walked back home in the rain, grateful for a bit of a stroll at least. At 7 o'clock I interviewed Tess Jolly for the podcast, the interview went really well, she read brilliantly and I did not make an arse of myself. Recorded everything, but then having finished off with fond farewells, I discovered that the sound files had mysteriously not saved, despite me pressing all the right buttons and everything having looked perfect. Tried for quite a while to retrieve the recordings, but they simply were not there. Unbelievable. I felt very frustrated indeed with evil tricknology. Especially as Tess and I had to abort an earlier conversation a few weeks ago because of technology problems. Gah. I have a conversation tomorrow with Pascale Petit, and the idea that the technology will betray me yet again tomorrow, was a stressful thought.

Still a pleasant evening, watching a thriller series on Netflix called Designated Survivor, which was quite tense, but watchable.  To bed.

Comments