A breath of fresh air

Much improved day. Got busy preparing for the interview this morning with Pascale Petit, down in Cornwall. Really enjoyed talking to her and, thank God, the interview actually recorded. Pascale has a new book out called Tiger Girl, and I sped read it first thing this morning, it is very good, and it was a real privilege to have her reading it to me in my study.  The results will be in the podcast. Had a chat with Robin afterwards, with lots of planning, she has been busy too. It is all quite exciting.

Lorraine working from home today, but it is hard work accommodating changes for the new year, when the government's guidance is so poor.

Outside a howling gale, Storm Francis apparently, and lots of rain. I went for a stroll around Blakers Park and the wind through a pine tree there was reminding me of walking at Icart Point in Guernsey. I really miss Guernsey.

Luckily Tess was happy to go again on Thursday. This is great news. Felt much happier with life than I had done last night. Spoke to Mum, and Mas was a little better today, having a badly upset stomach, although it has been tiring for Mum to look after him.

Worked in the afternoon on some French work.

In the evening, Lorraine and I took another stroll around Blaker's Park, where a big branch had come down in the wind. We ventured to The Cleveland Arms where we had booked a table for a bite to eat and a few beers and a phone free chat. Although it seemed perfectly fine, the normal pub ambience has not quite returned. The first time we have sat inside a pub, however, since February 28th, also in the Cleveland.

Lorraine and I looking shifty in the pub.









Comments