Chat with an old friend

Interrupted the holiday today, to have a long chat with Mario, and old poet friend who I had not spoken to for ages. We knew each other pretty well in the late 80s and early 90s, and it was great to catch up. He has done excellently as a poet, and I was talking to him about his books, which I own, in some detail for the podcast. I find I really admire his tenacity, as well as the subjects he is prepared to take on in his writing. Lots to catch up on, and we will meet up in meatspace when this becomes easier.

Lorraine and I had planned to help Anton this afternoon, but it was raining heavily, so Anton wasn't working today. He did send a text that said 'curse you' however, as he thinks the weather is a magical reflection of my ever-thwarted desire for thunder.






Comments