Mason's birthday

Set off this morning in the car, Lorraine driving us to Elstree where we met Mum and Mas, to celebrate Mason's 86th birthday. Our rendezvous was the Waggon and Horses, where we sat outside again. The weather was good, fortunately, and chatted in a good socially distanced way. I am kicking myself that I did not take any photos however, as we were too busy chatting.

The people who run the pub are really friendly, and the same woman was there who helped us last time. She is super friendly and helpful. Lorraine and Mas had some big sandwiches and mum had a vegan stew and rice, and I had a cheeky chicken burger and fries. Mas in good spirits, and telling Lorraine about the early days of movies in Hollywood. The lady in the pub brought Mas a bowl of various ice creams with a candle in it too, which he enjoyed. Lovely to be able to hang out again, after lockdown.

Sad to say goodbye, and start the drive home.

Although I did not photograph Mum and Mas on his birthday, I did  get the crucial snap of our first tomato, a pumpkin-like monster weighing in at 0.36 kg.



Comments