Up on the roof

Sweltering day. Once Lorraine and I were up I called Mum, and arranged to see them on Mason's birthday.  

Anton had today began two weeks of work on the exterior of his house, and Lorraine dropped me off just after noon to lend a bit of a hand on his first day. There is a bit right on the top of the scaffolding, which has fine views. Anton is no lover of heights, but as this is not in my extensive library of phobias, I did a bit of work on the roof, sanding and undercoating the outside of Klaudia's window. Luckily I had a hat and sun block, but it was absolutely sweltering. Pints of iced water helped lots though. Chatted to Oskar who was helping too, and briefly to Anne and Klaudia. 

Once we cleared up, a fast cold beer in the back garden, then Anton gave me a lift home. 

After a much needed shower, Lorraine and I hung out for a couple of hours in the back garden, still really hot. Lorraine doing cross stitch, which she is absolutely loving, and me reading Flowers of Sulphur, a book of poems by my old poetry pal Mario.  

Chat with Bob this evening, good to talk to him. 

In the evening, we ate outside by candlelight, expecting a thunderous downpour at any point. I was following my lightning tracker on my phone avidly, but the humongous storm in the channel veered eastwards and missed us. Boo. A bit of light rain was all we got, but the temperature dropped a little.

Below views from the top of Anton's house.




Comments