Jazz in the warm in rain

Working all day on the French work, and Pat still hadn't got the email I sent him, so resent for the third time. Tricknology. Slogged quietly at my desk all day. Betty home and ill and keeping herself to herself.

In the evening I made off around the corner to meet Ben at Rick's house. Rick who I had met during my stained glass course, lives literally just around the corner from me, and Ben was helping him with one of his stained glass window.

I went there and Rick drove us down to park down along from the Shahi, weirdly though we went to the Eastern Eye, another Indian restaurant. When we got near the parking spot Rick removed his hands and the car started to park itself, which was an eye opener. It wasn't successful but the thought was there. Rick is a nice guy, who lost his wife a year or so ago, he amazed me by saying he had turned 75 recently.

Had a bit of quite nice snap there, and then made our way to The Rose Hill for the 1930s Jazz night we go to 'On the side of the street that's sunny'. Rather a quiet night in there tonight, matched by the band who were in gentle and medative mood for most of the evening. Still it was good fun, and Ben and I particularly enjoyed the distracting antics of the very talented multi-instrumentalist Ewan Bleach, who takes it into his head to try to right a glass on stage using only his feet while the pianist is taking a solo, and finding fault with his reed and disrupting everyone going through bags on stage and so on. He was often playing clarinet tonight, and I found myself enjoying this lots. More outbursts of dancing.

We walked back to the car in the rain, and Rick dropped Ben off, and then took me home, which was kind of him. Crept into bed not too much before midnight just like a Jazz cat should.

Below Ewan Bleach, and Ben, Rick and unflatteringly, moi.








Comments