Compositional Coalface

Still a bit groggy and sluggish first thing this morning. Can the flu jab really have made me feel so wussy this week? My lovely wife brought me a cup of tea in bed today. Fine it was. Then up and falling on some work given me by my mes amis in Paris which was a good half a day's work.

This complete I ate a fish finger sandwich and chatted to mum, then sauntered blinking in the sunlight over to Helen's place this afternoon for a long overdue discussion on the Centaur project, now cantering towards the finale. She had put an immense amount of work into a fiendishly difficult passage, and we discussed this at length,  clarifying things pretty well and having interesting conversations en route. I can't imagine how you can hold hours of music in your head.

Helen also gave me three paperbacks which she had read while on a Scandinavian cruise with her sister, by Laini Taylor.

Home, dodging the rain and onto a bus to cook, and feeling a little brighter than I have been for a while. Lorraine and I very tired though by the end of the day.  To bed early, and Toby called. There had been a bit of snow today in Toronto.

Below Helen at the compositional coalface.


Comments