Atoning for haggis

So Lorraine back to work, and me back at my desk first thing looking out on torrential rain, but then had to push off to the quack to discuss my ears, which are sometimes painful and are now howling with more or less continual tinnitus. I was given a nose spray to help clear out sinuses generally, and told to try olive oil in my ears to soothe the inflammation, which did not respond to the previous spray. The young doctor also jabbed me for flu. Then to the gym, where I did a haggis- and beer-atoning workout, the chemist, Sainsbury's then walked home in the rain, chatting briefly to Mum. After a bite to eat, worked on some stuff my French client had sent through till 4.  And got back to tinkering with my own things.

I prepped and Beth made some delicious chicken wraps, before she headed off to a meeting about a show. Lorraine survived her inset day, and we slumped on the sofa. Lorraine chatting with Maureen, as Pat and Maureen still recovering from a very nasty bug. We went to bed early, where I read an interesting story by Ray Bradbury called The Scythe about a man who unwittingly accepts the job as the grim reaper. Devoured Bradbury in my teens, they still hold up now.

Comments