Cake, Skeletons and a trip to the Cotswolds

Up very early and slogging on the job for Pat's agency. I managed about five hours before having to break feeling that I had not cracked the problem yet, and this isn't even a concept challenge, it is merely rewriting a brochure.

Brief chats with Sonia about the gorgeousness of Bulgarian weather, among other subjects,  I bussed off to Hove to meet Rosie in the Hixton Green cafe. We sat under the Christmas tree, and had a very fruitful conversation about Skelton Yawngrave and Magnificent Grace. Rosie is very creative when it comes to education so it I learned lots, and gained some good tips on next Wednesday's visit. We shared a pot of tea and tucked into cake, a large slice of carrot cake for me in lieu of lunch. A short howdy with Innis after, who was off to Portugal soon on a shoot, and Innis and Rosie gave me a lift to Hove station, whereupon I trained it to Hateful Heath.

I noticed an old university chum Callum in the cafe there but as he was deep in a business meeting, so I did not interrupt. I had a little time to wait for Lorraine so I sauntered to The Burrell Arms across the road, not destined to be one of my favourites being a bit Brexity, although I had a decently-priced pint of Harveys there, until it was time for me to jump into Lorraine's car.

A trouble free drive to the Cotswolds, pausing only for a toilet break and to buy some pop and tortilla chips in a service station. Managed to arrive at Sue and John's house at nine o'clock with food and a glass of wine and good company waiting. Great to see them, although I felt a bit brain dead by the time we arrived. Lots of catching up, hearing a little about trips to India and China, and Sue, now retired looking really good on it.

Below, a skeleton themed chat with Rosie.... With cake!



Comments