A curate's egg

Lorraine and I, when we got up eventually, made off to Bolney to her work pal Jo's house, where there was a fundraising open house for Hope House in Haiti. I chiefly contributed by buying a large piece of strawberry sponge cake and drinking two cups of coffee. When I moved into the other room I discovered Lorraine lying on a sofa with a woman poking her hands up the bottom of her trousers and massaging her knees.

Home again, and we went into town, did a bit of shopping and went to the Walrus where we were to meet Beth, Innis and Rosie, and Dawn and possibly some of Beth's mates to celebrate Beth's forthcoming birthday. Lorraine and I arrived first and I went to the bar where a man roundly abused me for attracting the barman's attention. It all got somewhat heated, and could have ended in a fight. I resumed my seat with drinks feeling a bit shaken. You don't expect that sort of thing in Brighton.

Beth and Rosie and Innis arrived. Beth a bit disappointed that her pals had to cancel so we cut our losses and went back to R & I's place where we met Dawn. We all had a really nice time. Rosie's dog Pippi peed with excitement when I came in and made a fuss of her, which was a mixed pleasure. A cheerful evening, with Betty getting up and singing a song from Avenue Q.

Home in a cab with Lorraine, and so to bed.

Below Rosie Beth and Lorraine, and Beth on her own.



Comments