Accounting

Rather pleased with myself today, as I woke up feeling brighter than I had done all week, and simply used that positivity, after a conversation with Beth about prevarication, to sort out the stuff I need to send to my accountant. In fact I finished this early in the afternoon, and after chatting to Sonia on a range of philosophical subjects, went for a walk in the fleeting bits of sunshine we have been having. Still rather bushed and weary, however, so did not stray too far. Went into a cafe, and had a piece of carrot cake and coffee to reward myself for my efforts and began to read The Missing List by Clare Best, a memoir about child abuse. I found I was sitting next to Philippa from next door, so we chatted briefly, but she had snuck away to do some work, so I did not interrupt her too much.

Lorraine home, frazzled after the week. We met Beth in the Open House for a bite to eat, and all in a fairly cheerful mood played cards there and had a few drinks. Home, and to bed exhausted, but thanking our lucky stars we did not have to get up before the sparrows tomorrow.

Rather taken by the light shade where we were sitting in the open House.




Comments