And back again

A leisurely breakfast of salmon and scrambled eggs. John up and not particularly well. Sue dispensed paracetemol, in a way that seemed familiar and reassuring to me. Sue and Lorraine reminiscing about their first nursing days, with horrid tales of wallpaper alive with cockroaches, and ancient hospitals smelling of urine and so on, and the cast of characters they met there. They should collect all those memories. What's more they were doing some of these extraordinary things when they were still teenagers.

Lorraine and I decided to leave not long after noon, as I was feeling increasingly antsy about the job I am doing for Pat, and wanted to do some more work on it. Also Val in Paris had sent me another job for next week, which is already busy. Lorraine also wanting to get home to be with Beth who is coldy and unwell.  Fond farewells with Sue and John. We really enjoyed our visit.

I also greatly enjoyed seeing their ancient dog Paddy lap up his cup of coffee in the morning.

A pretty good journey home too, pausing only for wees and teas just before we joined the M25.

Home at four and I spent a couple of hours working on the difficult job for Pat. I felt, having dived off early on Friday, that I had at least caught up, although it should have been in the bag by now.

Betty coughing and unwell. To bed fairly early.

Comments