Whew etc.

Go up hideously early this morning to go to work. Luckily Lorraine decided to get up at a similar time too, and dropped me at the station in time for the 6:44. A gorgeous morning. Got into work an hour early to do some urgent work, only for the computer I have to use not to work. It was finally fixed by a nice IT man called Dexter an hour later. Managed to get what I needed done. Presentation to a pleasant client. I was not leading this presentation, so this felt odd to me. 

Slogging all day. Went out to get a sandwich at lunch, and it was like stepping out of the building into Greece. 29 C, some kind of weird bulge of heat up from Africa apparently. Scarfed a flatbread salad and tuna on my feet watching a swan bully a pair of Canada Geese, then back into a briefing.

Out of the building like Usain Bolt at 5:30. However there was more devil train travel carnage at Victoria and I didn't get home till 8:45. I am beginning to understand why people voted for Mussolini.

Cooked when I got home, as Lorraine took advantage of my lateness to go to the gym. Thank God for my four day week.

Below sightseeing barges at Little Venice


 


Comments