Poles Apart

Stormy rain this morning, and bloody cold again. A wretched way to start a Monday. However my journey was smooth as anything, and I started work on a new theatrical idea. Sitting on the same table as another woman muttering irritably at her emails. This woman didn't have the excuse of noise cancelling headphones.

Lidya, Spansh art director said the weather was 'very disgusting and uncomfortable', which made me laugh somewhat.

Into work, kicking my heels all morning, then a meeting just before lunch, which meant I had a mere 20 minutes walk, and then a dispiriting meeting afterwards, which looked again at the work I'd done last week which everyone loved, and now the goalposts are all moved, and we have a day and a bit to come up with new ideas, when we have squandered days on doing things that weren't quite right. Nobody's fault, but a tad galling. However, I did find out that plans are afoot to pay one of my invoices, which is deeply welcome news.

Left work late, and hurrying outside the tube at Victoria and crossing into the main station, I came upon two poles knocking the crap out of each other.  As I reached them, they were tangled on the floor, one bleeding from a cut on his forehead. There were several others there too, and we managed to pull them apart. At this point I left, not wanting to be drawn further into the melee than I already had been, announcements being made in the station for available police to go to Terminus Place as I walked through it, so I hoped it all hadn't kicked off afresh. 

Felt a bit shaken once on the train, but regained stiff upper lip, and caught up with some outstanding correspondence thanks to the wifi on the train, and it being a later one, not being too crowded.

Lorraine picked me up at Brighton station, as she had just left the gym, and we repaired home ate, and as it was a school night, had an early one.

Below, darting out at lunch I photoed the Hello Spring message in the cold and rain because I am so satirical.




Comments