Free time

A happy day. Up with Lorraine, and spent the morning preparing a few poems to send off to Magma, who are planning a climate change issue. Walked to town in the rain, to pick up Oskar's birthday present, the pond in the park full of tadpoles and newts (obvs. there was small one I thought of as 'my newt'.)

Revelling in being at my own desk, and having a laugh with Sonia. I was due to see Helen this afternoon to discuss the Centaur project, but she had to call off after a traumatic night in hospital with her son, with suspected appendicitis.

This freed me to the point I even watched a couple of Brooklyn 99 episodes before Lorraine came home. We made off to the Preston Park Tavern to meet Betty and John, who is still in the middle of arranging his father's affairs after his death. It is a tough time for him, but he is doing well. We four had an enjoyable evening, had dinner and a few beers before everyone a bit tired and after fond farewells made our way home.

Felt like starting to write a new play today, which I've not done for a while.

Comments