Lorraine's birthday

Lorraine's birthday today. A happy day, up after Lorraine had opened her cards, we had breakfast in the back garden, and then we drove off to the bluebell wood and walked through the gorgeous place smelling the aromatic, peppery air. Also stumbled across some strange bee-like creatures that I learned later turned out to be bee-flys.

After this we stopped off to have tea and scones, then drove back to Brighton. Got caught briefly in a traffic jam, people surging into Brighton due to the lovely sun. Soon after we got back, a cool sea mist started lurking in from the sea. Lorraine and I repaired to the Park View, where we had a decent Sunday lunch. Lorraine then had to go to Bolney for a parish meeting, and I decided to mow the lawn. The lawn mower however was rusted jammed, and however much WD40 I put on it, it refused to move.

Quite pleased however to have a poem called War diary in 1/72 scale accepted in an anthology provisionally called an Outbreak of Peace due out to coincide with the centenary of the end of WW1 in November.

Did bits and pieces in my study instead for a while, before Lorraine came home again. It had been a nice weekend, and I was sorry to have to turn my thoughts Mondaywards.

Below the lovely Lorraine in the sunshine on her birthday, bluebell woods in Sussex, and a bee-flies.



Comments