Back in the Batty

Zoomed off to work, tired, but cheery. Feeling a sense of accomplishment about the TRUTHS and the way Telltale ended, and my poems in the anthology, and all the things I gained from the associations I made through it. Looked happily at the printed version. Has some splendid poems in it. Bumped into a former colleague Bob, in Victoria, a brief discussion about his next foray to view former European battlefields with Slug and Pat. Nice to see him.

Quite cheery into work, but longing to get the day's work over, however, and extremely pleased to be on my way back to Brighton. Trying to read The Crying of Lot 49 on the train, but am in the wrong mood for it.

Met Innis for a cheeky beer in the Battle of Trafalgar, a while since I'd been in the Batty. Then popped into the Lord Nelson, then had a bag of chips and drank another beer in The Eagle. Innis is very well read, and generally very good company. We were also chatting about photography, and how he is seeking a new subject and to move away from taking so many portfolio shots of models.

Eventually we parted company, and I jumped into a cab and was soon home, safe and sound with Lorraine.

Highly dramatic skies during my lunchtime scamper around the canals around Paddington. Odd weather at the moment.



Comments