Cliff paths and bargains

The first day that Lorraine and I spent on our own, and we really enjoyed walking from Moulin Huet to Jerbourg. Sitting on benches here and there just to listen to the birds singing on the wooded parts of the cliffs. Felt very relaxed today. At Jerbourg after looking down at the foghorn in its little white building, blasting out its mournful note, which echoed off the other islands, we had some coffee in the hotel there, and then caught the bus into town.

Went a bit mad and bought myself a new Guernsey jumper, a traditional navy blue one. Lorraine went into East, which is closing down, and I went to the Guernsey Press Shop, where I was pleasantly surprised to see a couple of Guernsey Doubles still clinging on by their fingernails. Wandered over to East and was instructed by the manager to go downstairs, to find Lorraine, who was busy in the changing rooms, and came away with a load of bargains.

Caught a bus back home, while we waited I peered into some of the parked buses to see if I could see my poem Siamese fighting fish, which Richard and Jane had spotted in a bus. I didn't. We bussed back to St Martins, getting off early and walking past my old school, and down to La Bella Luce and on to The Barbarie. We had an early dinner there, and walked to the Captains, which seems to be festooned with awards suddenly. Not much had changed inside in the normal bit we went to. Had a quick drink there then repaired back to La Barbarie, where we played cribbage, Lorraine having to remind me how to play it with admirable patience.

Snaps on the path to Jerbourg. A bee in wild garlic, and I can't remember the name of the flower at the bottom.







Comments