To Guernsey

Off to the gem of the sea today. Picked Beth and John up in Hove, then zoomed to Gatwick. The plane a bit delayed. The flight okay in a cloudy sky, but the fog has gripped Guernsey by the time we were overhead, circled for 15 minutes, and then when there was a momentary break in the fog over the airport we landed pronto. We were lucky to get down as, pessimist that I am, I had thought we were going to have to fly back to the mainland, or heaven forfend, Jersey.

Off in a cab to La Barbarie, where we were warmly welcomed. Sam and Jade arrived shortly after, with Sian and Jade's Auntie Lynne, and there was a cheery reunion in the bar. A few drinks then Sam and Jade went to their room, and the rest of us had a walk to Icârt and round and down to Saints Harbour. That indescribably feeling of homecoming and happiness I always get when I'm here. What is so lovely for me is all the others seem to love it as much as Lorraine and I do now.

The cliffs beautiful and mysterious, the fog gradually lifting but not without blurring the outline of the cliffs beautifully. Then a walk up the hill back home, and we all got ready for dinner. A great evening, with lovely food and plenty of drink. Lorraine and I left the others to it at 11:30 and being looked after by Ravis.

John and Beth have this routine where John jumps at Icârt, and I managed to snap this moment. John's effortless ascension is amazing. Lorraine and I and various misty views.











Comments