Surprised by Bob

Back to work. And lots of jobs scheduled in for me, so quite a busy time. At lunchtime I managed to escape for a walk, and as I did so, I could almost blank out what I was walking through and I was able to imagine strongly that I was walking in Guernsey instead.

At work I was phoned by Bob, who happened to be in town. So after work, I hared out and caught the train to Kings Cross. He had a couple of hours before heading up north, so we had a couple of pints in a proper old London pub downs some backstreets where the two middle-aged men working behind the bar were both drunk. Beer was good though, and great to see Bob unexpectedly and put to right many of the wrongs of the world and discuss seeing Carl next month for Carl's birthday.

Then we trundled back to Kings Cross. I caught a tube (bravely for me) to Victoria, while Bob headed north. Home at a fairly reasonable time too.  A nice surprise, and it made me feel slightly holidayish too.

Comments