False starts, glee and a crocodile

Little went to plan this morning. Met Sonia as I was setting off to my glass class. Her first client having accidentally locked her out. I showed her a photo that was on this blog of my glass work in progress, because she didn't know what I was talking about. Arrived at the glass class. Rang buzzer repeatedly. When the door was opened, I found the classroom a Marie Celeste. Searched the several storied building for the disembodied voice who had let me in. I found an officious man in a room marked 'office'. He phoned Ben, who said that the morning class was cancelled. A fact that surprised me.

Off to buy Oskar's present for tomorrow. Zoomed to Argos and realised only then that I could only get it from Amazon. No laptop, so I had to go home.  Left home again a bit later, phoning Janet en route, to say that I couldn't fix the piece of glass she had given me. Bought birthday cards for my lovely wife and for Oskar. Realised then that the class was actually on this afternoon after all but didn't have Janet's piece with me. Curses. To the last class, which I thought was resuming in a few weeks, turns out it is September. Frustratingly, my Magnum Opus must languish incomplete for months. When I get paid from the work I'm doing I am going to buy tools to do glass work at home, on something a lot simpler, so that when I get back onto this piece I can finish it in a trice.

My fellow glass student Yvonne (who has been working at home and has completed 9 pieces to my 0.5, which means she has been working 18 times quicker than me) however, showed me two pictures of her dad with his pet crocodile, which made lots of things better as you can see below. I've ended up liking all my fellow glass students.

Really pleased that the flowers I had arranged to be sent to Lorraine's school were actually delivered. I was beginning to lose faith in anything I had arranged working.

Home on the bus, changed and showered off the bits of lead and glass, then off to the Preston Park Tavern, to meet Sarah and Robin to discuss the launch of TRUTHS A Telltale Press Anthology the PPT being the place where we had the idea for it last year. Both Robin and Sarah had been to the hairdressers in preparation for next week's launch. We toasted the book which looks rather spiffy and the contents aren't bad, with a few beers, and planned Wednesday's launch in Lewes. All very cheerful.

My lovely Lorraine joined us in the pub, followed shortly after by Betty. The poets left, and we had some grub. A cheery afternoon and evening. The frustrations of the week ebbing gently away thanks to that universal panacea, beer and great company.

Below Sarah, Robin and I in a moment of mad glee in the PPT. Yvonne's dad with his pet crocodile. He worked in a bus garage, and the croc became a bit of mascot apparently. Class.








Comments