Frogmen and Anton in a treehouse

Needed to do some work on the train this morning, but missed my train, and wasn't able to work not he train I eventually caught. Instead finished Back in the Jug Agane. Richard had given it to me in Guernsey. It was a Molesworth book that I didn't realise existed, and it made me laugh aloud a couple of times. Laughs that I frankly needed.

Work okay apart from IT issues affecting lots of people, including me. The time I have wasted at that agency through IT nonsense is quite large. The people are very nice though.

Lovely weather. I had a walk along the canal, having brief chats with Betty, who was on her way to be with John, and with Mum. Came across two police frogmen glooping about under a bridge with handers doing things with ropes. I didn't feel right photographing them, so I did so hurriedly and badly.

Left work and as Lorraine was out with some buddies, I decided to meet Anton at Waterloo and have a quick drink with him and go home. Sprang out of work on time, but the circle line was completely closed, rather than face the rush hour cattle truck deep underground of the Bakerloo line, I got a bus.

This turned into an irritating epic of an hour and a half to get to Waterloo. Arrived at Anton's favoured pub Vaulty Towers, and found him in post work mode with two of his work pals Dan and Nada. A nice quirky pub, Anton said was built with old props from the Old Vic Theatre, that would be a perfect in Brighton. Anton's colleagues both charming and clearly thought the world of Anton, we ended up in a sort of treehouse inside the pub, which smelt of damp but was good fun.

Home with Anton on the train from Waterloo, in faux first, talking about life.

Below frogmen at work, and the shadow of a fence, and Anton in a sort of treehouse in the pub.






Comments