Wrong universe

Just before I woke up this morning, I had a very clear and detailed dream about how Hillary Clinton had won the US Presidential election by 26 points. Sadly this good news was in a parallel universe. In this reality,  there was the grim reality of a Trump victory.

It wasn't a surprise to me, as I had a gut feeling he would win. Not least because like the Brexit campaign, it he had a much better slogan. I can't remember a year when I have felt so personally dismayed by politics, and the world's wilful blunder into danger.

Otherwise a day of working on homelessness, from the safety of my office. Still feeling ragged and underpowered with this chest infection. Decided to let my pals in Chiswick know that I would not be coming to their Christmas party tomorrow. A four hour return journey, only to hack on friends and colleagues didn't appeal.

Beth, also snuffling and coughing, off to a meeting this lunchtime where she has secured some new part time work. Pulled my horns in and stayed in my shell. A quick walk, but mainly very static. I just want to feel well enough to get back into the gym. Very frustrating.

Messaged Toby to pass on my love to Romy, apparently and thank goodness, her eye is improving.

Comments