Sightseer

A bad night's sleep. However off bright and early to work, fiddling with new poems on the train. Before rat-racing through Victoria. There is always a big slow crowd waiting to get through the ticket barriers in the morning, and there is something dehumanising about this needless funnelling.  However I have been taking a bus which gets me close to where I work, and this is rather nice. I feel like a sightseer.

Work fine, and some pleasant conversations. Everyone is so young there I feel like a bit of a dinosaur, but at the same time I seem to be a dinosaur with stuff they don't know so I find myself feeling vaguely valued, which is nice.

In the evening, and home to my Lorraine, I managed to get two new poems printed to send off to a poetry competition, posting deadline tomorrow, just doing this one thing for myself felt like a minor triumph.

Below the usual Dantesque bottleneck at Victoria.



Comments