Mum in the Shahi

A hugely welcome Friday. Up to London again today. Lorraine gave me a lift to the station, and I worked on my poems on the train. Walked up from Embankment station to work, slowly and gingerly. Arrived completely shattered and feeling weird, which was partly due to being very dehydrated. Five glasses of water later and I felt somewhat better. Nice people in this office, and all was well. Except I was desperate to get home all day, feeling rather unwell still.

Home thank God and found Mum and Lorraine home, Mum having spent the morning helping setting up at Janet and Ken's house.  Off to the Shahi, where Sabir and Dr Raman were extra attentive and cheery, and Mum enjoyed herself being told how young she looked, and being given free extra Cointreau. Had a really nice time all together there.

Home,the gold sofa spellbindingly attractive, as was bed. I was exceedingly tired.

Comments