From The Nightwork to Shakespeare

Racing the deadline for getting the poems ready for The Nightwork, which meant I spent all morning muttering through them while Lorraine was working at the next desk. Finally, after some big (in terms of the manuscript) decisions, sent them off to Robin. Felt good to have got it done and sent off. I hope Robin likes it.  Both exciting and nerve wracking by turns.

Confirmation of more freelancing in London next week, which is good. The Kenny coffers in increasingly good shape. This is directly to do with me buying a new green wallet of course.

Otherwise, focused today. Apart from going to the gym, which was a great mind-cleanser and enabled me to be decisive and non stressed when I got home again. A five o'clock snooze that set me up admirably for the weekend. Lorraine and I zipped off in taxi to The Blue Man this evening to see the Shakespeare Heptet. We had been given the wrong time,  early of course, so we popped next door to the noisy rock venue the Hope where we met Anton, before then went down inside The Blue Man. Good to see the Shakies charging for entrance, and getting quite a good audience who, for the most part, listened attentively and seemed to be well into it. In fact, this next stage of Richard's vision seems to be working really well now. Good to chat to everyone afterwards, Claudius, Dipak, Steve and Richard. Maria there too taking photos.

Lorraine and I walked home afterwards feeling cheery.

Below the Shakies playing with no-holds-Bard gusto.


Comments