Draining day

Feeling dog tired this morning as being overtired the night before I'd not slept well.  Worked on poetry on the way up to London, and the whole day a bit of a slog as a consequence, even though the people are fine and the job is interesting. The office stuffy and hot, and I had to drink strong coffee to stay awake. Found I had left my wallet at home so had to scrounge some sandwich money at lunchtime.

Left work in good time, but Victoria station was hellish, and the journey took three hours as there was someone under a train on the network. As I had no wallet couldn't buy a tea or anything.  Eventually arrived home, but Lorraine out and I realised I had also left my keys indoors, luckily Mark next door had some spare ones.

Lorraine had cooked a delicious chicken stew however, and I ate this food cooked with love before she returned, the best part of the day.

Comments